Friday, December 4, 2009

It's the Return

Thought I would never go back. i couldn't go back. It hurt too much. To see everything. The nothing that was left. How could it ever be the same? The New Orleans I loved was gone and there was nothing left for me there. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Finito.
But then I heard the Trashies were going to play. In New Orleans. For Halloween. So I went.
I was so afraid of what I would/wouldn't see... Feels the same. Smells the same. Sounds the same. The only remnants were the abandoned warehouses, the boarded up houses here and there. Oh yeah, and the official tags that hadnt been painted over.
I have to say I didn't go to my stomping grounds but that wasn't what coming back was about. It was the opportunity to experience it differently. Be a part of it in a different kind of way. To love love her again like the grown up woman I am.  It was like coming back into the fold after a long time away and I was still welcome. If only I could have remained. I won't wait for so long again to come back.

No comments: